Thursday 20 September 2007

Sport

Now I know that Greenwich Rugby Club train and play on the common (although last night it looked like they were training in the dark which didnt seem to be a particularly good tactic)...but what other facilities are there around the common?
I understand there is a bowls club and some tennis courts, but I don't know if they are for public use or if you have to pay to play tennis. Also I know the Star Inn has a cricket club but dont know if they play on the common or elsehwere. I am sure I haven't seen any nets/stumps, the closest I have seen are in Bostall Woods.
There is a martial arts place on the common - I think it does Taekwondo and there is a gym on the high street although it has never appealed to me. I use the Arches in Maze Hill when I fancy pootling around in the pool.
Does anyone know of any other sports clubs and/or decent facilities in and around Plumstead

1 comment:

sibonetic said...

Bowls, I think you have to be a member to play. Tennis is free and very popular, there is a sports centre in Plumstead, just off the High St. and a gym at Glyndon Community Centre in Raglan Road as well as the Weterfront Leisure Centre in Woolwich. More details at
http://www.gll.org/borough/greenwich.asp